Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Picture Framing as a small business

Every day one of our customers tells us their story about how they have turned their hobby of picture framing into a profitable small business. As the investment in a range of FrameCo framing tools is minimal, it's easy to get started and make the hobby pay for itself, or have the framing support your principal business. Michelle is a member of the AFPS -Amateur Picture Framers Society- and here is her storey.
..." I started framing in order to support our photography business but it has since evolved into a thriving small business... from home, all of its own. I found when I started that the time & the materials made the product seem expensive, however I soon learnt that people are prepared to pay for individual, high quality product and service. So I am focusing on this and trying to make ourselves stand out from the crowd. It is important to distinguish ourselves from the mass produced frames in shops or quick frame shops that we have, as it is a completely different market. I love my hobby and the flexibibility and creativity that it gives me, it is a far cry from my previous work in social care". Michelle - UK

No comments: